Custom Steel Cutter Rigged Expedition Cruiser
Welcome aboard "Resolution," a 1990 Koopmans 47 steel custom cutter rigged sailboat designed by Dutch Naval Architect, Dick Koopmans, Sr. This offshore sailboat is built for extreme weather. She has a conservative modern underbody providing easy handling and a 160-degree stability range. The extremely fair rolled steel hull was built at the Van Wavaren Boatyard, Rotterdam. She features a center cockpit and deep 14,300 pound keel. Inside, "Resolution" features a simply finished and functional custom interior – very comfortable and ideal for offshore cruising.
Originally imported & documented in Maine, USA, Resolution has sailed the world. In 2012, the current owner purchased her in New Zealand. Since then, he has sailed her around the Pacific visiting Fiji, the Solomon Islands, Palau, Japan, the Aleutian Islands, mainland Alaska, British Columbia and Washington state.
This year in Anacortes, Resolution had a complete refit of her standing and running rigging. She also had a 5,000-hour engine service and her teak deck house was rebuilt with a fiberglass, no-skid surface. Resolution’s inventory is vast with extensive spares and safety equipment, ready to cruise worldwide in safety and comfort.
Contact us for a viewing and start your Blue Water adventure today!
- Topsides repainted in 2011.
- Teak decks removed and replaced with GRP/No Skid (2013)
- Perspex windows and portholes replaced with marine glass (2013)
- New Yanmar alternator for engine (2021)
- New Sunbrella cockpit enclosure prior to Japan/Alaska crossing (2018)
- Jordan Drogue and Bridle. Capacity 45,000 pounds. Ace Sailmakers. Lyme CT. 2015.
- Viking RescYou™ Offshore 6 person Life Raft, valise, 2021 (certified thru 6/2024) -
- Tohatsu 6hp dinghy outboard. Model MFS6DW. short shaft 15” purchased 2021.
- Achilles HB-270AL Aluminum RIB Dinghy. 2022
- Vesper Marine XB-8000 AIS Transponder with WiFi.
- 2017 -GME ACCUSAT EPIRB.
- MOB Strobe.
- German Wind Pilot Pacific Plus II self steering wind vane
Improvements in 2023:
- All new standing and running rigging. Includes new Harken MKIV Ocean Unit 3 furler for Genoa and MKIV Ocean Unit 2 for staysail.
- All hardware associated with running rigging serviced and replaced if necessary.
- New Raymarine I60 Wind vane and display.
- New Shakespeare VHF antenna installed top of mast.
- New SSB antenna installed as part of new backstay install.
- New mast lights.
- Sail inspection and new luff tape for Jib, Genoa and Staysail.
- New Anderson 34 Winch installed on mast for reefing.
- Upgraded Andersen 62 winches with stainless steel top disc spring.
- Teak removed from cabin-top and installed GRP/No skid.
- Yanmar 5000 Hour engine service. Exhaust hose replaced/fuel lines replaced/kill switch cable replaced.